By Ann Gant
Obtaining a college degree can be one of life's greatest achievements. It can also be an expensive one with the rise of college tuition from year to year. On our last blog post on alternative education titled, Free College Tuition, we talked about an online university that offers free tuition called, University of the People (see link in references below).
Today we are talking about websites that offer individual low-cost college credits. Once you complete an exam at the end of your course the credits can be transferred to many colleges all over the United States.
Some of the benefits of taking individual college classes online for credit include:
- It speeds up the time it takes to complete a degree.
- You can take classes while in high school or working full time.
- You can take general education courses now.
- You can try out courses without having to commit to find your ideal major.
- You can avoid risking your GPA before you transfer.
- It can be worked on anytime since your classes are online.
- You can watch short animated videos that will keep you from being bored.
- You can learn anywhere, anytime. You can watch from your smartphone while you are on the go and even take final exams.
- Study at your own pace. Focus on any material that you find difficult, without being concerned about deadlines and time restraints.
Study.com ( https://study.com )
Video lesson are fast, fun way for students to cram for exams, prepare for tests and even earn college credit.
edX ( https://www.edx.org )
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world's best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.
Coursera ( https://www.coursera.org )
Coursera provides universal access to the world's best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses online.
College offering free tuition- https://www.uopeople.edu/